Thursday, June 20, 2013

A day in the life...

So basically today as I layed all four kids down to bed, my eyes fell upon a verse that I have read before; however I have not read it in this translation.  

"A wise woman keeps all the people in her household busy and productive." ~The Message

That is a verse from Proverbs and I regret not having the exact address (I'm thinking somewhere in chapter 31); however I will add it as soon as I find it.

I would be lying if I told you that it was a nice verse that I live by, so I will just tell you the truth and tell you how convicting it was for me to read that.  Usually, I do strive to be this woman; however today I was in physical pain.  The day kind of dragged by until I got tired of it "dragging" which turned out to be very fun.  (More about that later).  I shouldn't be too hard on myself; we did start out with a craft and the girls were able to find a decent amount of time to build their fairy houses.

So, after our 2 hour park adventure, I allowed the kids to have about 15 minutes of "quiet time" that I used to transition them into the evening/dinner.  Of course, my 8 year old picked the TV.  I allowed him to watch the Christian station which to my surprise has been teaching him more than I thought.  As I was taking a load of laundry to the laundry room; I heard the character on TV saying that God will give us special abilities at the right time for us to be able to overcome what we are dealing with.  Amazing!  So simply put.  I knew this but had never heard it described in such a "child-like" way.  And I loved it!!!  It was a small little reminder that I needed to remember at the moment.  And I will! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment