Monday, July 29, 2013

Under the Sycamores--Rattlesnake!

Every year, my family and attend this wonderful event put on by the OC parks and Laguna Canyon Foundation.  Local snake researcher Steve Bledsoe of the Southwest Field Herping Associates, gave a fabulous presentation of live rattlesnakes, Gopher Snakes, Rosy Boas, and California Kingsnakes.  Now I will confess to you that I am not a fan of snakes (I mean isn't that how labor pains were birthed???**pun intended), but this was an event that I could not pass up!  My kids loved the snake related activites and of course they loved feeling the REAL, LIVE snakes!!!  


Here's Lilly Bear inspecting the craft table!




She's always had a thing for eyes...as soon as she saw that she could glue the eyes on her snake, she was in!!









Even little man was captivated by all of the snakiness!!! :)




The kids had a wonderful time and this event is held every year with a different theme!  Last year it was "Meet the Monarchs" which was a butterfly theme.  My kids talk about these events all year and I love watching them connect with God's magnificent creation of nature!  

XO
~Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Your kids are so cute! Looks like it was a fun day!! xo

    ReplyDelete